My husband always wonders why I save plastic bottles and containers. He may never know how much money they save him. When they are all cleaned out,they can be used for countless learning experiences.
One of the activites that we do with empty bottles is "Bowling".
-Empty,clean plastic bottles
-Various balls (heavy enough to knock over the bottles)
-Optional: a container,bowl or basket)
1. Arrange the bottles as desired.
2. Put a piece of tape a few feet away from the pins( starting point).
3. Put the balls in a bowl & place them to the side of the tape.
4. Stand on the line and roll the ball towards the pins.
(ok,or straddle the line)
5. Set it all up, and play again!
*This activity is also great for Social Development(Turn Taking)
and Gross Motor Development.